Romaine Hearts

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandy456

Reaction score
Can I give Babii theheart (Bottom)of a Romaine lettuce, Or even Iceberg lettuce? (The heart of that)

Im constantly making salads and it always end up in the trash, But if I can give it to her, Why not.

I use Romaine hearts and that is fine, i usually cut about a half inch fromt he bottom. Ice berg lettuce is a no-no, no nutrional value, mostly water, I would steer clear of that one. I dont even think it matters if it is the heart of the ice burg.

I bought 6 romaine hearts yesterday at Sam's Club for $4! They're pretty big hearts too. I also got a salad spinner for Valentine's Day (thanks mom!) so the humans are going to be having some salad from them too, though vegetables last for a VERY long time in our fridge for some reason. I have some broccoli in there that's 3 weeks old and still looks fine!

What else does Miss Babii enjoy in her salads?

Not meaning to hijack here, but something just occurred to me. If you had a bunny that was getting dehydrated for whatever reason, would giving small amounts of the iceberg lettuce help? If you just gave a little shred at a time, mabye that would help avoid any runny poops and help with dehydration at the same time?

Latest posts

Back