Resolved-Belle is bleeding.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChandieLee

Reaction score
I had just given the bunnies there food, and I left the room for five minutes. I came back, and Bellehad blood all over her face. :?I have no idea how that happened,but she looked like she was in shock. I called the vet while my boyfriend cleaned her up. We'll be bringing her in at four. I'll update when we get home.

I hope everything is ok! Is there an off chance its not blood, but juice or something from food given?

Were you able to figure out where the blood came from?

Brindle pulled a dew claw out and ended up getting blood on her face when she tried to clean her paw.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. It turns out the blood from her nose.. I would have known that if I could have calmed down enough to think rationally. For some reason, any sign of blood, I go into panic mode. So, I'm really sorry if i made anyone worry too much.

Apparantly, one of Belle's nails actually ripped out... there's no nail left... I'm not quite sure how she ripped her nail out though... the blankets in her cage are nice and soft, nor do they have holes. And she wasn't playing out on the carpet...but I guess that kind of thing happens though, whether it makes sense or not. Anyway, her vet cleaned the area, and gave or some meloxicam for the pain. She had a slight fever also, but I'm thinking it was due to stress.

Belle hasn't eaten or dranksince the incident at 2... I'm thinking that was due to stress and pain as well. Nevertheless, I'll be keeping an eye on that.

Thanks for your patience everyone.I really do need to think more rationally when these things happen.

ChandieLee wrote:
Thanks for your patience everyone.I really do need to think more rationally when these things happen.

Like any of us do that when it happens!?!?

It's a lot easier to look at an issue when it's not happening to you.

Brindle caught her dew claw on her cage wires and ripped it out.
She likes to reachWAYYYY up high and cling on her cage/pen wires and stretch.

I went a few steps beyond "PANIC" when she did it.

I think she was more worried about me than her boo-boo.

Kisses and nose-rubs to Belle!

~Jim

Whoa, I'm so relieved that's what it was. Poor you and Belle.

They can rip nails easily sometimes.

Like Jim said, much easier when it's not happening to you. But, every lesson learned makes us stronger I think for the next time. I know I paniced badly with my first bun when I noticed his fast breathing and knew something wasn't right. It's very scary and the adrenaline just kicks in. Just remember, they can sense when we are in :panic:mode and it can stress them out. Just try and maintain the best composure you can.

Glad Belle is ok. Has she eaten or drank yet?

Thanks for the reassurance. :)

Belle likes to stretach the way Brindle does actually, so maybe that's what happened. I'm also thinking she went into shock because I freaked out? Next time, and hopefully there won't be a next time, I'll try to keep myself as calm as possible.

Belle has eaten and drank. :)

I am glad Belle is okay. One of my rabbits had its claw ripped out when I took her out of her carrying cage a little to fast. We stopped the bleeding and let her rest with a towel in her carrying cage. Her nail is almost donegrowing back, this happened a few months ago.

Latest posts

Back