rescue bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seahealer

Reaction score
The owner told me she just turned two this month. I just got her like three hours ago. She doesn't want to come out of the pet taxi yet. Should I be worried?

How much do you know about her situation? Any signs of abuse? Neglect?

She just may be scared and not want to come out of the pet taxi....most rabbits that I know that have come into our home for the first time - are very hesitant to come out of something safe like that. Usually I have to take them out and put them on the floor or in their cage or whatever.

If she is that scared - I'd take her out and put her in her cage with some hay and food and water and let her start chinning stuff and claiming it as her own. Watch her - but from a distance maybe.

If she starts to groom herself in the cage - then she'll be feeling a bit more comfortable and I imagine she'll start eating a bit of hay after that...

Peg

She was the family pet for two years. No signs of abuse. She is really fat, and her fur is really nice. She does eat when you give her food and water. She's slowly coming around because you can tell she wants someone to pet her. She is just not to sure of us.

Hi! You did a wonderful thing, adopting this bunny! Just give her a little time to get used to her new surroundings. It usually takes them 2-3 days to get used to their new home. With such a great new family, I'm sure she'll overcome her shyness in no time! She's a lucky bun!

Marietta

when I moved last August, my Tony didn't want to come out of the carrier for several hours! I was worried, but I just gave him some space and some time, and basically left him alone for a little bit. he eventually came out. bunnies can be very scared sometimes!! you might want to make sure there are hiding places in the room that she's in, and just leave her alone (even leave the room) in the carrier in there to let her come out at her own pace. maybe she's never really been out of a cage, since she's so overweight, and the combination of a new home and being expected to run around is too much for her.

Latest posts

Back