Rehoming my Guinea Pigs :-(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linz_1987

Reaction score
I need some advice!

I have two brother guinea pigs living together. My sister got me them for christmas about 4 years ago.

At first they lived in a cage in my bedroom as it was too cold for them outside around christmas time. I then found out I was allergic to them as as soon as they arrived at our house, I suddenly had asthma which i never had before.

I stuck with it until it was warm enough for them to have a hutch outside. When they were outside it didnt really bother my asthma, only when I clean them out or cuddle them. But I really cant cuddle them as much as I really want to. And I think it is unfair on them. As they need attention dont they. My sister says she has no time to cuddle/play with them and that it might be kinder to find them a new home.

What do you guys suggest? I think maybe it would be a good idea to find homes for them but I would be really upset if I did have to get rid of them :(They make my eyes go red and sore and watery, and my asthma becomes really bad after cuddling or cleaning them out.

But ive stuck cleaning them out for 4 years and probually about 4 cuddles a month but I feel they need more than that in the way of love.

Please help! I love them to bits :(

I also have no way of knowing that the new home I take them to will cuddle them more than I do.

Back