REHOME: OH: Resolved (RIP) :-(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh...ya know...I just realized...you couldtotally ask about this in the Infirmary section, and get a lot morehelp. :)

I would help ya out, but I've never had any tooth issues with mygirls...I'm sorry! I wish I had some advice, though...

Did they do a biopsy of the bump or anything? Without one, its difficult to tell.

My Max's surgery cost around 385. I was quoted between 800-1200 fromMichigan State, and then we contacted a vet dentist who said 400-600.Unfortunately, Max has had other problems in addition to the tooth soits been costing me a lot more.

If surgery definitely is not an option, you could look into antibiotictherapy. Its very difficult to treat abscesses in bunnies because its apus-filled sac but its encased very well. Its difficult to penetratethe abscess with oral antibiotics.

Ive heard success stories from people using injectable antibiotics. Itsmore of a straight shot to the abscess. I think it would beworth discussing with your vet. Youve got nothing to lose, right?

Heres the link to our resource center with lots of info on abscesses and treatment:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11791&forum_id=10

My Max's thread is the "tooth root abscess" thread. Also, be sure to check out those last 2 articles on non-surgical treatment.

I'll keep trying to help find her a home. Im gonna check with some rescues around you...

No, that's the thing, nothing was done toconfirm she has a abscess tooth, and the more I think about it the moreit bothers me. Let me ask you this, was the swollen part of the facetender to the touch? Should the rabbit be in obvious pain from aninfection like this?

It really depends. Looking at her face though, it looks just like Max's.

Is it a large marble-like lump along the jaw line? My Max didnt mindmuch at first when I would touch it, but sometimes he would flinch likehe's in pain. If shes still eating, shes probably not in too much pain.But this thing wont go away, in fact it will probably grow.

If your vet thinks its an abscess, I would call tomorrow and ask aboutthe injections. Maybe send her those links if shes unfamiliar withthis. I think its worth a shot..

Latest posts

Back