Redecorating our dining room

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksalamander

Reaction score
We just had our floor in our dining room redone (no more carpet! Yay!) My Mum has been desperate to get rid of the carpet as our entire house is carpeted in the same grotty grey cheap carpet, and after so many years is all worn through and holds a lot of 'smells' in it. We already pulled up the carpet in the living room as we had lovely floorboards underneath. My Mum sanded them all down and varnished them. We also had the carpet in the bathroom but we got rid of that for a light coloured laminate. Any way the jewellery business has been doing well so we decided to put the money into getting oak laminate flooring. At the moment our dining room is a deep dark terracotta colour which is OK but the room is quite dark and it makes it worse. I said to her seeing as all the furniture is out away from the walls we may as well just paint it now, so I've been down Homebase today buying some paint. We've decided on going for Cookie Dough and then have an accent wall of Crown Brown Sugar. Because I'm off school now looks like I'm going to be doing it! I'm quite excited. I'm also going to make some cream tab top curtains (I have no idea how, but I've decided I am!) and maybe also a table runner as we bought a gorgeous new table which hasn't been put up yet (waiting for the floor to be done).

I'll try to get some pictures of the wall with the tester paints tomorrow (when the light is better). Gotta go to Homebase tomorrow to buy varnish for the new skirting boards before I can start painting walls properly. I've also got to rub down all the gloss off the woodwork for a new coat as its all horrible and chipped. It has to be the worst job ever! I hate sanding! But I convinced my friend to come help me with the promise of a free pizza!

I'll try to get some pictures for you tomorrow! Very excited!

Back