Recipes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Becca wrote:
Luv-bunniz wrote:
Becca wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
Thanks, I'll do a trial run and see what they turn out like.
I've made the top one before (without the honey) though we don't have a coffee grinder thing so we had to do it with a rolling pin LOL it took agggeeess to grind the pellets.

Heres a tip, boil the carrots and then puree them, put the pellets and banana mash in and the pellets will adbsorb extra water and will be able to be mashed, then add the rest of the ingredients. Much easier :p
Now you tell me :biggrin2:

Yep, because I'm mean ! But nah, I only found out a week ago when I attempted them. Notice I say "attempted" rather then "made" ;)

As for the food, pick the kind with the grass pellets in and use the pellets, they are basically hay and grass made into one usually. :)

Editted because I apparently think rabbits eat "found" rather then food!

kherrmann3 wrote:
I'll warn you, they smell really... "funny" when you cook them. I didn't know what are roommate was joking about when he sniffed near the oven. Weirdo.

Here are the baking instructions for my recipe, if you're interested.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup ground-up pellets
1/4 cup ground-up hay (the stuff at the bottom of the bag works well)
1/4 cut ground oats

Directions:
- Grind-up dry ingredients in a coffee grinder (blender is an OK substitute).
- Mix all ingredients together until fairly thick (not in blender).
- Roll mixture out between two sheets of waxed paper (less than 1/4 inch thick (1/2 centimeter)).
- Rub extra pellet powder on to absorb extra moisture (both sides).
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350*F (177*C roughly); flip, then bake for 30 more minutes.
- Turn off oven, and allow treat "cookie" to cool in oven (as the oven cools).
- Break the giant cookie into smaller, bite-sized pieces.

I've tried to make this recipe work where you can make the cookies look a little "prettier" but the paste/dough just doesn't work that way. They basically look like broken chips when they are broken apart. Berry-Boo goes nuts for them. She hears the container and ZOOM! she's at the front of the cage, smooshing her nose through the bars.
Sorry I thought I quoted late night. My rabbits loved your recipe. Thanks for sharing.

I made the top one today (minus the honey) and instead of making it into cookies I put it in a cake tin and I am using it as a birthday cake for Dippy tomorrow :D I'll post pictures when I've done!!!

Cool, can't wait for pics. I made the cookies.

You can use other things instead of apples or bananas. Pureeing veggies works too. Other fruits or veggies can work. Fruit cups are a good amount to use for one bathc of cookies.

My buns go crazy for the treats.

Latest posts

Back