Recently Sexually Matured Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kendar

Reaction score
I just found out some good news with Humphrey. He is older than 2 months, he is even older than 3 months. I was happy to find that his testicles have dropped, I think more happy than anyone should be about that LOL. I just want to get him neutered ASAP!

So along with the good news, there has been some bad annoying horrible news as well. Not only is he spraying the walls (I have put pizza boxes on his cage as a sheild) and the couch, but he is spraying me. Any chance he gets. I scheduled a pre neuter check up the first day he did it and now I cannot wait for the day. This weekend he sprayed me 3 times, in the face and hair. I had to wash my hair twice on Saturday and then last night he sprayed me twice. Geez they have good aim and distance.

I don't know what to do until he gets neutered because part of me doesn't even want to let him out for his daily playtime, if I am going to get shot every time lol. When I feed him every morning I have to use a blanket as a shield so that he doesn't get me. I just hope the vet will have an opening not long after the check up as long as everything goes ok.

Ha ha :D Aren't unneutered boys delightful :D

My Badger used to get me in the eye and hair whenever I went near him until he was neutered.

Boys bits can descend any time from 8 weeks or so upwards, but sometimes vets won't neuter until they are a bit older, so you may have to wait for a while until he is neuterable, but hopefully not.

He still needs his run time, moreso, infact, because it will help him wear himself out, but it might be worthwhile you wearing a selection of 'rabbit clothes' and maybe, as stupid as it sounds, things to cover your head. You'll look super cool, but it might help with whether it matters if he sprays you or not.

I have to say, the mouth is worse.

Hair takes washing, eyes take cleaning, but I've never quite forgotten the taste :| You have that joy yet to come :D

Oh good, I can't wait! lol
I already can't forget the smell, it smells like popcorn lol. I love how when he does it, it is at the exact same time I turn my head to look at him and all I can see is him kicking and urine flying at me. *shudders*

I heard that it might be a sign of affection. Like he thinks I am his mate and wants everyone to know? Not sure if that is true.

Oh how romantic! So glad that humans don't do this! lol

I actually picked him up and cradled him the other day, I noticed that he was VERY excited if you catch my drift LOL.

WOW I have 2 boys (both have been neutered as soon as they could) and I am truly grateful that I never got sprayed - in the mouth?! Wow you are deepely devoted! My vet almost wouldn't neuter one of my boys b/c he was so tiny - he was considered a double dwarf and she thought the procedure might kill him. Nope, he's heathly and happy with his brother and newly adopted sister. The only problem that I have is that they are still marking their territory every night in every room of the house = vinegar didn't work.

Latest posts

Back