Radiators

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunbun

Reaction score
Obviously with it being cold and its the holidaysi've been in the house more with the heating on and the buns hoppingaround. My two have chosen a new favourite spot to sit which involvesleaning up the radiator - and I mean literally leaning right againstit. If one is there first the other will go and nose them to move overso they can both lean up it. Is this bad for them? I spend my wholelife in the summer worrying that they get over heated and setting upelectric fans etc! This now seems so contradictory! Fern was leant upit the other day and looked asleep - Steve went to pick her up and moveher and she stayed asleep in his arms which goes totally against hernormal behaviour. She snapped out of it pretty quick, and was fine.

What do you all think? Would you let your bunnies do it?

(I know someone is going to say to just swtich that radiator off - ican't, the only way I can switch it off it to turn off all of theheating in the flat, and then we all freeze)

Bev

I suppose that if they got to hot they wouldmove. My dogs love to lay against the radiator in the winter but whenthey get too warm they move away. My Flemish Giant Diva loves to layalong the bottom of our door where there is a cold draft but she is abig bun. (Works well for us, she is pretty efficent at keeping thedraft out:p) I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it seems tochange their normal behavior in a negative way.

Fergi's mom

p.s. I would let my bun do that!

Is there any way you can gate it off so they arenot so close to it? Our dog does the same thing and getsoverheated and sick from lying too close. You'd think hewould move away from it instead of laying there panting?????I guess he's just too stubborn and doesn't want to give up the primespot in front of the heater LOL

Pam

I think I'm going to try to stop them leaningagainst it but let them sit near it. I have wooden floors which theyhate so I'll pull the rug away a bit and expose some wooden floor -this may stop them going so close. And will also move them if they'retoo close for too long.

I agree with what some of you have said about them moving if they gettoo hot but I'm not so sure they will! I think perhaps they're gettingold (they're 5 and 6) but they've both definitely got lazy lately!

Pam - my dog used to do the same, I didn't realise it made them sick.I'm definitely doing to see what I can do with the buns - they've gotenough medical issues for me to deal with without worrying aboutoverheating as well!

Thanks for your advice. :)

Fergi wrote:
My Flemish Giant Diva loves to lay along thebottom of our door where there is a cold draft but she is a big bun.(Works well for us, she is pretty efficent at keeping the draft out:p)
Uhh, I thought those were called DRAFT DOGGIES! not DRAFTBUNNIES!!! lol :)

Bunbun wrote:
Pam - my dog used to do the same, I didn't realise it made them sick.I'm definitely doing to see what I can do with the buns - they've gotenough medical issues for me to deal with without worrying aboutoverheating as well!

Thanks for your advice. :)

He gets so overheated that he'll actually vomit -- dumb dog :(

Pam

Latest posts

Back