Rabit not eating night time droppings.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellexgix

Reaction score
My new rabbit is 12 weeks old. I have him for 2.5 days. Hes not eating his night droppings. Hes eating vegetables, hay, water and small bit of pellets. Also I had no detail of which food he was on or what vegetables he was used to when getting him. I have a picture ofsome ofnight time droppings and the other droppings.

What do I do? Is he ill? Please help!

003-3.jpg

Everything looks normal. Some of ours eat all their cecals and some don't eat any. Don't think it's a big deal as they get fed a lot better than in the wild where they adapted that function to begin with.

if you are feeding a lot of veggiesI would cut back on them andpush the hay

are you feeding alfalfa or timothy hay ; what brand of pellets? what type of veggies?

Momto3boys wrote:
This is so weird but I NEVER find any cecals in Snickers cage, obviously he is eating them all but he never eats them when he is out playing....strange bunnies.
I think that when they are out playing they don't want to stop the fun to eat a cecal ; mine have left cecals when they are running loose also :)

If you've only had him 2 days and didn't know what he was fed before then it is probably just the change in diet. Make sure you feed plenty of hay and introduce the fresh foods and dry food gradually.

If he stops eating or producing poop then you need to consult a vet asap. If he's still having the issue in a week or two then you can try adjusting his diet. However you will hopefully find that once he settles and gets used to his diet the issue resolves itself :)

Thanks everyone. Ive never seen it in my other rabbit at all! He always eats his.
Hes getting fed Meadow hay, I cant find timothy or alfalfa hay here but in a few weeks I can buy from the internet and can get some!
The pellets hes getting fed are Burgess Excel.
Veggies hes getting so far are romaine lettuce, green bell pepper, parsely. corriander, bok choi, cucumber, carrots and a few others!
Hes eating alot of hay though. !

Meadow hay is fine as long as its good quality. It's the sort of grass mix rabbits would naturally eat. Although timothy is great and very tasty, buns that don't eat it aren't missing out anything essential to their health.

Latest posts

Back