rabbits who bite

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaphappy14

Reaction score
I have a new bun and he/she keeps biting me andanything else around it. what should i do? i have heard squealing whena bun bites but that doesnt seem to work. any tips? :D

Ours used to bite when we first got him. I thinkhe was scared when I moved my hand too fast. But now I can do anythingto him, if he does not like it he just tries to move my hand with hisnose or runs away, but never bites.

Well how new is new? You have to givethe bun some time to relax and get used to you. If itcontinues you have to make a loud noise, like when she bites, yelp andsay no! Or the infamous squirt bottle.

But then again... none of my buns ever bit me when I didnt deserve it ;)

Well, the new rabbit i have is three months old.Along with her/his sister who is three months old although we have hadher for a month or so. The new one we have we just got yesterday.Although, the one we have had for awhile also bites alot but isnt nowbecause she is sick...:(

lol Iszy used to bite quite a bitbecause she was scared. All I did was make a loud noise andpush her head down to the floor for a few seconds.

I did nothing, I think he just fell in love with us or maybe he thinks if he bites he won't get his treats.

He is a lot more comfortable now.

Does this new rabbit bite when near its cage?Some breeders, like myself, use the method of a stick and soap.Whenever the rabbits try to 'attack' me Igo get my stick ofwood and put a little dish soap on the end. I letit attackthe stick rather then my hand. So when the rabbit bites the stick itgets a nasty taste of soap. They quickly learn that when they bite itdoesn't taste good therefore majority stop biting.

Maybe you could try something along this line even if its not in thecage. Also rabbits don't like it when ya blow on their nose. Its a goodform of punishment that I use as well.

Amanda

Latest posts

Back