Rabbits really suck sometimes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cloud has been so vigorous with his lady friends he has irritated himself and is all inflamed. What a plank! He truly belongs with the Dopeys. I now have to bathe him and he is on Metacam. Ouchie for him.

Floss has gained a shed load of weight (we had a mass trip to the vets this morning) so I'm not going to bond her with anyone until she shifts it. I knew she was getting big (food was a sore time for her and Cloud and he was being ousted and losing weight) but not THAT big.

I have that problem with Lint and Asha. When Lint was bonded with Magic she seemed always tiny and featherlight. Since she is with Asha our tinsy Netherland Dwarf she put on loads of weight and is our largest bun and Asha looks perfectly healthy but doesn't seem to be growing at all. I am beginning to wonder if I should feed them seperately but it's not practical since Lint wolfs down everything in one sitting and Asha nibbles daintily all day. I guess when Spring comes and they hop around more she may slim down and get distracted from food.

I didn't know speutered, bonded rabbits could be inclined to divorce the other bun. It sounds like Cloud will be good friends with the Dopeys' but Floss is a challenge. Keep us posted Tracey.

Good luck :)

Jo xx

You mention that she became enraged after you cleaned Clouds face. Also, being hyper sensitive to the other bunnies moods. Sounds like she lacks confidence and reacts by lashing out. Hopefully you will find a partner for her!

Back