Rabbits droppings out of shape.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellexgix

Reaction score
I got my rabbit 8 weeks ago. He is around 7ish months. An unneutered male rabbit. He is a small breed. My guess is a netherland dwarf mix. I am on my 3rd day of litter training him. No sucess yet LOL. But yesterday I noticed one of his droppings was out of shape. It was like 2 droppings stuck together. Today I noticed another one of his droppings was out of shape. This time is was like 5 or 6 droppings stuck together. I'm worried, is this normal? Should I be worried?

I am introducing him new food as he was selectve feeding in a museli type mix food. So now hes on pellets and I was mixing it in with his old food so his body gets used to it. Now I am on about half and half of each mix. Could that be it?

Other than that I can't think of anything else that is changed. He gets his vergetables in the morning. Vegetables could be parsely, carrot tops, brocoli, cabbage sometimes, romaine lettuce, green + yellow + red peppers, carrot sometimes, cucumber sometimes and a few others that i cant member from the top of my head LOL.

So am I doing something wrong? Should I be worried or is it normal?

It may be due to the food change. However, switching will really be the best for him, so you might want to slow down the rate at which you mix in the new food for now.

Were they stuck together with fur? Were they mushy and looked like blackberries or a grape cluster?

It wasnt night droppings anyhow, and no fur, just normal droppings stuck together.. Ok, I will slow down the rate see if that helps, didnt see any more anyhow.

Latest posts

Back