Rabbits bathroom habbits!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellexgix

Reaction score
My rabbit is in a pet store cage right now and will soon (sometime this week) be moving into a c&c cage.

The c&c cage is big (2X7 with a 2X1 area and a 2X2 area and a 2X4 area)

He has just started going in the litter box by himself. After weeks of different litters and filling in old poop and wet bedding in the tray, one day I was busy so just left the empty tay in the cage and thats it, he was litter trained :p

Now one thing Im worried about is when I put him in the big cage will he stop using his litter box? Im worried he will!

Also what will I do about litter since it seems he doesnt like any?

Hes not neutered, hes 11/12 months and i am planning on getting him neutered!

Have you tried using litter now that he understand that the box is his bathroom? Maybe now that he has the concept the litter won't confuse him anymore.

I don't think there's any way to prevent him from losing his litter habits in the new cage - all you can do is watch and wait. Many rabbits will mark a new cage or area for a day or two with small puddles, but will stop as long as you keep cleaning it up. So don't worry if you see very small pee spots - it's more worrisome if he starts leaving big puddles and piles of poo everywhere.

we just put their litter boxes in which ever corner they used as the bathroom and it worked for us. We use kiln dried pine in their hutches and shredded newspaper in the boxes around the room. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back