rabbits and tumor's

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v5rocks

Reaction score
Hello, I had a mixed dwarf (Fuzzy) who developed what started as a nickle sized hard lump on his stomach close to his ribs, within a couple of months it had grew to a large lump and he past as a result:(:(:(:(:(:(, can anyone tell me if this is a common thing in rabbits??? are there some breeds more likely
to develope things like this???

I'm so sorry about Fuzzy. :pink iris:

It could have been a tumor, but abscesses are very common in rabbits so it could be that. Rabbit pus is much thicker than that of humans and it can feel pretty hard in the abscess. It's difficult to tell without a vet.

Mammary cancer does happen, as do other abdominal cancers sometimes. Another member, Angieluv, has a rabbit with recurring tumors on his stomach.

As far as I know, there are no breeds that are more likely to have cancer problems like this, although I wouldn't be too surprised if a few genetic lines had greater risk, just as in humans. The most common cancers are reproductive cancers of females- uterine, ovarian, and mammary.

Awww, poor Fuzzy. How old was he? Do you have other rabbits? Are you looking to get another one?

Please keep us updated.

:ripFuzzy

sas:sad: and the warren :bunny5:bunny5:bunny5:bunny5:bunny5

Thanks for the reply's and yes we have a gaint chinchila and two dwarf's arial,scamper and oliver) what is the the rabbit you have pictured its a dead ringer for oly??? fuz was a little over a year old and was a very cool dude he had a very short coat except between he's hear's witch was long and grey the rest of him was brown..

this lump was very very hard, I'm pretty sure it was a tumor (I had a rottwiler with cancer before, felt on par) and the growth rate was very fast as well.. are abscesses treatable in rabbit's??

Yes, abscesses are treatable, butmayrequire surgery and a long regiment of antibiotics, depending on its possition, depth, response to initial treatment, etc. They're usually pretty nasty in rabbits.

My avatar bunny is Pipp, a Netherland Dwarf. She's a sweetheart.There are more pics in my Bunny Blog, tho I have updated it for a bit.

Love to see picsof your crew. Sorry again aboutFuzzy. :(

sas :) and the gang :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

My rabbit Jacques had several tumors removed from his abdominal area a couple months ago. The innermost one was malignant but not likely to metastisize; the outermost one was also malignant and a more aggressive cancer. Jacques"s behaviour is of a rabbit that really feels great;there is nothing about his behaviour that would make you think he has cancer. The outermost one is already starting to grow back. My plan is to wait a few months until it is larger and have it removed again. My vet does laser surgery andJacques recovers almost immediately. This is expensive but it is extremely important for me to keep him around if he doesn't feel sick as he is bonded to Joey who loves him to death . Joey and I want to keep our little Jacques around as long as we can. He is about 3lbs. and is a holland lop. I'm sorry about Fuzzy..I think that it is relatively common for rabbits to get tumors and even more common for them to get abscesses.

my rabbit had a kinda odd thing happen to her,kinda like a lump or something here's the wierd part when she got spayed there thing the size of two gold balls in her

uterus and it had fur! really odd I think it was cancer..

I hope you feel better soon.:groupparty:

Latest posts

Back