Rabbitry Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
So my dad keep suggesting a carport as a''rabbitry''. He says there's big ones that can fit a truck down at PepBoys on sale for $200. Yeah that's a killer price. These are the oneswith the thick plastic.

In a way I think it's a gran Idea because it's portable and I can have a rabbitry NOW and just move it when I move, y'know?

But I really worry about it being warm enough. In spring and sumemr Iwoudln't really worry but its cold right now. Still below 30 mostnights, and occasional snow that doesn't want to melt. I wonder if theheavy plastic would provide enough insulation, y'know?

Here's a pic of sort of kind of what i'm talking about...no not the old people.
http://www.usbuildingsdirect.com/steel-buildings/Carports.jpg

My rabbits are in something similar until thespring when we can built them a nice shed only mine has a frame madefrom 2x2's. It's wrapped in very heavy clear plastic so during the daythe rabbits get warm from the sun shining in. Those really cold nights(-30) i cover the tops and sides of the cages with blankets and givethem lots of hay to snuggle into. they are ok. If your rabbits are usedto being outside they should be ok.

See that's not so bad, but This plastic isn'tclear like a greenhouse. I considerd using like...reptil heat lamps andstuff but that would be expensive and then I'd worry about some haycatching fire or something when I wsan't there.

What about simply getting those heating beds that Dr. Foster and Smith have? Or was it PetEdge? I'm sure those would work!

That is what I planned on using in the winters here in FL, instead of using the heat to warm up the place.

Latest posts

Back