Rabbit proofing primer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whipple

Reaction score
Ok, so until today she has basically left the cords alone. The I left her alone with my ex/roomate and she tried to eat one. So she got some greens in her cage while i try to figure this out.

I took some pics, it may help.

This is my desk. Her cage is about 6-12 inches away, depending on how she shuffles it that day. The laptop power cord runs down, along with the internet cord, the cable cord, the modem power cord, and then the big power cord thingy that everything plugs into.
HPIM3851.jpg

This is behind my tiny tv. As you can see, cords everywhere. We will be upgrading, but for now, not much space to hide anything.
HPIM3852.jpg

This is my tv and around it which is beside the desk.
HPIM3853.jpg

I think i might just block off the entire area, but I'm afraid she might just jump over if she pleases. So Im looking for other options. And we will be replacing the tv with a bigger one, which likely means more cords as there will be more tv, games, movies, ect. Ugh! Boys and their toys. Driving me insane when Im trying to keep my bunny safe.

You can buy cord covers at most dept and electronics stores. You could run the cords of stationary things under the carpet.
You could hang the wires on a hook on the wall above her level...duct tape them down so she can't access them easily.

Rearrange the room so that the electronic equipment is directly above the outlets.
Alternately, run an extension cord with plenty of outlets under the carpet to the exact location of your electronics, and plug them in there (then fence off around the electronics).

I bought some NIC cubes and use them to just block of the area where the cords are. Especially for the tv, this was far easier than covering every cord with a protector. My bun has never attempted to jump over the barrier, but I'm sure many buns would be more adventurous than he is. If you try it, just make sure you're there to supervise at first in case she does jump over.

Ok, so Im gonna get some cord covers that can attach to the wall, spray any that are left out (does bitter apple spray work for bunnies?) and block off what I can. Hopefully I can get out today and get all the stuff I need.

Ditto NothernAutumn, sprays generally aren't successful with bunnies. Electrocution is such a big risk, it's really best to just cover them and block them off so your bun can't get to them. Wires are just too tempting.

Back