Rabbit pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackiesmum

Reaction score
How long do the pellets stay fresh? I but mine ina glass jar after opening. I only buy 5# at a time. Should I buy freshmonthly and discard what is leftover at the end of the month?

Thanks,

Mary

I would double freezer bag them and putthem in your deep freeze. That's what I've done with powderedmilk replacer. I do that with the one kind of dog food thatmy skunk can have, too, as one small bag of that goes a verylong way. This keeps it fresh and no spoilage. Nothrowing anything away. That costs too much.

I queried Blue Seal Feed Company a few years backregarding this question. Reply was that they believedlfreezing would keep the feed's nutritional value and palatability forup to a year.

I buy feed in 50 lb bags and freeze it right in the bag. Iwithdraw smaller quantities as needed and dispense out of a smalltupper ware container. I seal the original bag as best aspossible by rolling over the opened top and clothes pinningit shut.

Buck

Latest posts

Back