Rabbit Losing Chunks of Hair

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elf Mommy

Reaction score
I'll be adopting aboxer puppy on Friday. Since March, I've been a member of a boxermessage board, much like our bunny board.

Someone just posted to ask methe following:

"What would cause a bunny to lose chunks of hair?"

Input? I'm thinking mites. What other suggestions can I make? :)

Minda

Greetings Elf Mommy! :dude:

I agree with you and Buck Jones. The first thing that comes to mind is mites and ringworm.

Other things would be nest building (false pregnancies), overgroomingof oneself or bonded companions, fighting, or a hormonal imbalance.

Boxers, especially yours, are such beautiful creatures. They're great dogs. Congratulations!

-Carolyn

Thank you, Carolyn.I can't wait to have him home. It's going to be an interesting fewweeks as Elf and Kirby get used to each other.

Minda

I love my 2 boxers, Samson and Delilah. They aresuch smart and obediant dogs. Best dogs I have ever had. By the wayyour pup is beautiful.

Thank you! I think he's beautiful too. :D

I'm going to be getting into themarvelous world of show dogs. Kirby's father and grandfather are bothchampions. If he turns out to be show dog material, I'm hoping he'llfollow in their footsteps. Wish me luck :)

Minda

As Buck said, mites are most common.Ringworm or other fungal infection is also a possibility as well asbacterial infection. If white flaking is seen, itis most likely mites/mange.

However, this could be a case of a doe pulling the fur outherself. Without actually seeing the rabbits, it's hard tomake an educated guess on so little information.

Pam

Latest posts

Back