Rabbit Convention in April?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentle giants

Reaction score
Ok, I swear I saw a website, complete with forumand all, that said there is a national convention April 21-22 inIndianapolis in 2007. Now I can't find it anywhere, although I know Ibookmarked it. It's not on the ARBA site, either. Their site says thereis a ARBA convention in October of 2007. Is the ARBA convention thesame thing as a national convention? Am I nuts here, or has anyone elseseen this advertised? I even posted on the dang forum, and had a replyon the question I posted. I am sooo mad at myself for managing to losethe bookmark!

What breed was the National convention for? Somebreeds will have their national shows at state conventions...forinstance, the lionheads always have their National show at the Ohiostate convention in May.

Peg

The ARBA Convention is always held in thefall. It can range from Oct. to Nov. This is whereall breeds participate and are shown.

A National Convention or National Show is breed specific.These are generally held 6 months before the convention for thatyear. Every breed has there own National show.

For Example: I am going to the National DUTCH show in Apr,2007 in MI, and I am also planning on going to the ARBA Convention inMI in Oct. 2007. For the National Show, I can only show Dutchthere even though I raise Jersey Woolies too, they will get to stayhome. Can't show them there. However, the ARBAConvention is open to all breeds (and some that aren't breeds, yet) soI can show both my breeds there.

Hope this clarifies it.

Oh yea, one more difference is a National show is 2 days long and the ARBA Convention is 5 days long.

Sharon

Yup! That's it, Tinysmom, thanks. I forgot it was for Mini Rex, or I would have known where to find it in my folders.
I am trying to get one of my does bred for this show, and she is beingstubborn. I have moved her into the cage with the buck, and now I amgoing to feel bad when I take her out, because her and the buck arebeing so sweet and cuddly! LOL

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
Oh yea, one more difference is a National show is 2 days long and the ARBA Convention is 5 days long.

Sharon

Depending on breed, some nationals may be longer or shorter.Very small national breed clubs sometimes have their national shows inconjunction with another show, and it may only last 1 day (or one hourif its really small).

Pam

Looking at the link to the show info, it saysthat Mini Rex is the only one having a breed show at that time. Here iskinda a dumb question. Does this mean that there will not be any otherbreeds shown at all that weekend, just Mini Rex?

When I checked ARBA for April 2007 shows inIndiana - I only saw Mini Rex listed for that date - so I'm guessingthat is what it is - only mini rex.

Peg

Nope - no Flemish ;)

You'll want to be certain to request a catalog early for national shows - most are pre-entry.

Pam

Yeah, I have been checking the website everycouple days or so, they really don't have any info except for date andlocation on there yet.

So how does pre-entry work? Do you have to like request a certainnumber of forms and fill them out and send them in, or something? Ihave always wondered about that. Assuming I can go (fingers, toes andlegs all crossed!) it will be my first convention of any kind/breed.

I would just keep an eye on the above web site.If it is not updated by about 90 days before the show, I'd fire off anemail to the show secretary and request a show catalog. The showcatalog will have entry forms to send in with a check for the entryfees.

You need to request the show catalog from theshow secretary a couple months before the show. There will bea deadline that you need to submit your entries by. Somesmall entry breeds take day of show entries for their nationals - butthe Mini Rex would be pre-entry.

The website should have more info closer to the show date.

Pam

Ok, the secretary's name and contact info is noton there yet. It give a list of judges, and what states they are from,but no contact info on them either. I guess I am just going to have towait and trust that they will get the info up there in plenty of timefor me to get everything in gear. If it's not up there in a couple ofweeks, I will probably try emailing the website, the Indiana State MiniRex Club.

I would wait until a couple months before the show to contact the show secretary (the catalogs probably aren't printed up yet).

The show sec. is Pam Sherbahn [email protected]

404 Sunset Dr.

S. Whitley, IN 46787

260-723-6831

(Show secretary info for sanctioned shows is listed on the ARBA website)

Pam

Wow! Thanks, Pamnock, I will write that down andput it in my pedigree book. I'll also write a note on my calendar forme to contact her a couple of months before hand, cause I am soo bad atremembering things for longer than a week, LOL!

I would also recommend joining the national MiniRex club. They'll have information and helpful articles intheir magazine that you'll receive - as well as their awesome Mini Rexguidebook.

Pam

Back