rabbit cage help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnycarrot1

Reaction score
[suB][suP]I am kind of new to this forum i am a member just don't post much. I don't own any rabbits.[/suP][/suB]

[suB][suP]anyway i need to know if this cage would work for a baby Flemish. I also want it to work as a adult so i won't need to upgrade as i have very limted space. [/suP][/suB]

The dimensions are 52 inches long by 20 inches wide and 33 inches high. This is the maximum size I can fit in the space as my room is small.

It would either bea nic cage providing i buyand obtain the old style nic's. If not then the new ones will do_Or i will just have maine cage co make me a hutch with these dimentions.

[suB][suP][/suP][/suB]now is this big enough for one flemish ?

[suB][suP][/suP][/suB]

How long will it be in the cage? If it's just as base for bowls and litter tray etc. that's fine. I've it's going to spend the majority of the time shut in then that's nowhere near big enough floor area although the height is okay.

The length and height sound okay. The width doesnt sound big enough. Heres something to help you. A flemish carrying cage(for shows) is 24long 12wide 10high. Carrying cages are usually ment for one day trips sometimes two days. But 20in wide might not be enough

each NIC cube is about 14"...how u gonna get 20" outta that?
r u gonna overlap the cubes?.it will make the cage sturdier but i have 2 giants and i just did a quick measurement and 20" is gonna be tricky for them to turn around and not hit their ears all the time...i mean ur asking them to spin in a half circle to turn around...my giants are 6 months old...and they wouldnt fit in that width of a cage at this age..so in my opinion id say no to a giant in that size cage,,,get a little lionhead ur dwarf...that wud work for them..good luck

I have my Flemish in a 2 panel by 5 panel cage with an extra-deep 'L' shaped plywood shelf.

He can take about three hops (I have the litter box on the side so he has the full length of the pen) and he jumps up and down. He can stretch out full length on either level.

He never runs or plays in it, it's his sleep and 'chill' area. He always goes in on his own very happily, so he doesn't consider it a prison.

But he's out a good part of the day 'gallumping' around the house or crashed out on the couch.

Its hard to get a good picture of it, it's tucked in behind the couch. (They like the 'cave' feel).

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01419.jpg

Pipp wrote:
I have my Flemish in a 2 panel by 5 panel cage with an extra-deep 'L' shaped plywood shelf.

He can take about three hops (I have the litter box on the side so he has the full length of the pen) and he jumps up and down. He can stretch out full length on either level.

He never runs or plays in it, it's his sleep and 'chill' area. He always goes in on his own very happily, so he doesn't consider it a prison.

But he's out a good part of the day 'gallumping' around the house or crashed out on the couch.

Its hard to get a good picture of it, it's tucked in behind the couch. (They like the 'cave' feel).

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01419.jpg
maybe that might work.

Latest posts

Back