quick bonding question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanlake

Reaction score
as many of you may know, i am trying to bond echo with my new foster, fiona.

today i put them together in the bathtub a second time. last time fiona kept mounting echo, and he didn't like it. today she did it less. they both presented themselves to get groomed, but no one groomed each other. after that fiona went kinda crazy and mounted echo like crazy, which ended up with some biting, mostly to me as i put my arm inbetween the two of them.

it may be too early to tell but could they not be bonded? are they two domanet rabbits and just won't be able to get along?

It's too early to tell

each one is attempting to exhibit dominance but it doesn't mean that it won't eventually work out.
Don't let it escalate to the point where the end of the session is negative.

End each session before it turns aggressive giving each bun a treat,
I am certainly no wizard at bonding rabbits but one has to have a lot of patience and go slowly with it.

As I'm an thinking of getting my neutored bun a friend are yours fixed?

If so, then wondering about their collective tempraments - who is more aggeresive than the other -male or female? Are they around the same age, are they same breed of rabbit?

they are both fixed. neither one seems nessisarily agressive, i think fiona jst got fed up with waiting for echo to groom her and tried to show him her domanence.

echo is older, i think but we don't really know the ages of either of them. fee is a harli, echo is a dutch mix i think.

Latest posts

Back