Questions about SweetPea

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Hey guys...couple questions...

I have a HUGE sneaky suspicion that SweetPea is a boy. I haven't seen any testicles...but I haven't seen his/her belly much, either. We tried to sex her last night, but things were sufficiently different "down there" that I didn't navigate successfully at first...and when I did, "it" wouldn't come out when I pressed on either side with my fingers (as websites say to do).

So...still a mystery...

So, I ask...would the testicles be OBVIOUS? We didn't see any when we picked SweetPea up, but I've also read that they can pull them in. Would a stressful situation warrant pulling them in?

Also, the "ya know" area was a bit raised...not a flat area on the tummy like my other girls. Does that mean anything? Is SweetPea okay? It didn't look swollen, or unusually red...just that particular area was a bit raised, and not flush with SweetPea's tummy area.

Another thing that's bothering me a bit...I haven't heard from Analise since that last note. I've emailed her asking for SweetPea's papers and such, but I kinda get the impression that I just WON'T hear from her again. (Both from the fact that she hasn't written me since, and the fact that she called her SweetPea right away, and didn't cry at all...but that could just be personal preference. Could just be that she's not as sensitive as me.)

Obviously, it won't matter in the least to her care and such...just odd that she sounded like she'd stay in touch, and now doesn't seem to have any such interest...when before, in coming to get her, she was replying to my emails from her blackberry phone (it told me in the email). So I know she has a way to check it outside of home/work.

Meh...who cares, really...I think I'm just venting about that a bit...

How old is SweetPea? If she/he is under 6 months, they may not have descended as of yet. However, some bucks have been known to pull them up. Usually, they only pull one up.

When you turn her/him over on his back, you should see a clump of fur right in front of the genitals. Push this down. If you see a penis great, its a boy (you knew that) :) The testicles will be on the sides of the genitals. If you don't and it only looks like part of the genitals will come out, it is a girl.

Sharon

Another thing is some boys do have undescended testicles. My foster boy Max had that. When you feel her belly do you feel any nipples?

She's over a year, her bday is April 1st (estimated).

I'll check those things later on tonight (as I'm checking this from a friend's house right now, since our internet is currently on the lam), and let ya'll know what I find out.

Hopefully she'll be less freaked out tonight when we try to check...poor thing...

Haley wrote:
Another thing is some boys do have undescended testicles. My foster boy Max had that. When you feel her belly do you feel any nipples?

Boys have nipples also ;)

Pam

Try as I may, I can't find any nipples on Bunbun or Jack. I know they shoukd be there! Lucky has very pronounced nipples (female).

In my bunnies none of them have a gentital area that's flush with the belly, male or female.

So, I just got done checking my email...still no reply from Analise...I'm wondering if I'll get one at this point. I find it odd, but then again there were signs that she was more relieved than sad to see SweetPea go...:(

Poor SweetPea...she's so nervous, and jumpy in reaction to everything. I think she was basically left alone most of the time. She's certainly not used to even the general noise we make as a couple in the evenings once Em's to bed, much less the noise Em makes herself. And I'm talkin' watching TV or having conversation. I think it's going to take a lot longer for her to adjust than it did any of the three other girls.

We'll be making her NIC cage the beginning of next week (to extend her adjustment phase in being in her own cage), and hopefully that'll also help to extrovert her (not having three out of the four walls be solid wood, and even half of the one that's not is solid wood, too).

There's something about her that I can't quite put my finger on that's off...which is one reason I suspect she's a boy. I'm giving her about a teaspoon of oats every evening (which she's more than happy to consume), and I'm considering getting her that Doc's Enhancement stuff we'd talked about, Peg, because her coat is rougher than the other three girls.

On that note, anything else I can give her to improve her general health? She seems to have a bit of malnourishment, and not in the way that she's skinny, necessarily (though she does have less boofiness than my other three girls), but more that I can tell she's not perfectly healthy. Does that make sense?

Anyway, we'll have the internet back on Monday or Tuesday...and in the meantime, please throw your ideas my way.

I really hope that the reason I haven't heard from Analise is because she's out of town...but I suspect not. :(

Hugs!!

Rosie*

Okay, well, that's encouraging. Thanks, Michelle! :)

Another idea...maybe she was sufficiently freaked out at being picked up, that things were a tad...um...tighter than normal?? Would that make a difference??

minilops wrote:
In my bunnies none of them have a gentital area that's flush with the belly, male or female.

Latest posts

Back