Question for breeders.Or anyone?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovethetailyall

Reaction score
My dutch tort winnie has never had interection with a buck so she has never been bred....In the last few days she has become extreamly grumpy and is pulling out furand and makeing her hole cage like a nest..i checked her and she is not pregnent (my brother may have done somehting with her and the male tigger)...She seams fine...Anyone know anything about it....I know she can smell sometimes tigger on me or maby soem pee but she is pulling hair like she is ready to have babys!:((again she isent spayed)

Im worried...never read anything about this befor?:?I have some ideas but im not shure:huh

It may be a false pregnancy, which is common in unspayed females. Because of the very high hormone levels,rabbits can feel like they are pregnant even when they are not. Normally they will build a nest, then they are over it.

Watch the nest she's building and check for babies in the morning.

If the nest gets built then destroyed quickly, she is most likely going through a false pregnancy.

You need to take precautions to prevent others from putting your unaltered animals together. I would suggest buying locks for the cages so that no one who is not authorized can take them out. As you probably know, it only takes seconds for a rabbit to get pregnant.

--Dawn

If winnie has never had contact with a male then its most likely that shes just feeling hormonal and having a false pregnancy. I would like to add though in regards to checking her to see if shes pregnant - Rabbits do not show pregnancy the way humans cats or even dogs do there is often no physical signs of a doe being pregnant until she starts nest building or gives birth, even some of the most experienced breeders can have trouble palpatating a rabbit (especially when they don't want to stay still!).

- Chantel

:yeahthat:

Looks like you've gotten some good advice. Sounds like a false pregnancy, but it can't hurt to put a nest box in. If she starts going to the bathroom in her nest area, that's a sign that it is most likely a false preg.

Latest posts

Back