Question About Seperating Male/Female Til Their Fixed...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSassy

Reaction score
Hi. I have to seperate my baby bunnies in the next week or two, until their spayed and neutered. I have them both in the NIC cage I built right now, which is big. So, I have to put one in a x-large cage I bought from my first bunny. I was gonna rotate them every 2-3 days from cage to cage. That way the one isn''t stuck in a smaller cage the whole time. Anyway...I want to rebond them after their fixed, and the doc says their aloud back together.

My question is. I have the cages next to each other. They are both wire cages. Can they still do the " duty " thru the wire cages? Or should I put upsome kind of divider? Plexiglass? or something? I want them close, so it will hopefully be easier to rebond. I want them to be able to see each other.

Thanks for any suggestions. :biggrin2: April, Daisy, Little Rascal

Bunnies are pretty resourceful... there's a few folks on here who have had their rabbits mate through the wires :rollseyes:biggrin2:

I would give it a bit of space between the wires, say 5 inches or so...

Yes they can. so I would keep the cages aways apart for about 2 months, as that is how long a female is capable of getting preggers after a spay and a male can impregnate a female after a neuter.

Then you can slowly begin to bond them. Check out our section on bonding in our Library, it's pretty good!:)

I found the link for you, it was actually hidden a bit.

Here is our section on bonding bunnies, so if you ever want to, you will have the knowledge! Best of luck!

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12072&forum_id=17

Do you think they'll be hard to rebond after 3-4 months or so? Of being seperated. They'll still be able to see each other, and know each other is still there.

:) April

Latest posts

Back