Question about breeding and bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightPoet00

Reaction score
I have a quick question. Can bunnies who were bred to each other ever bond afterward? I was just curious!

Beth :)

I'm not sure about bunnies who have bred together, as I've never bred rabbits before, or anything else for that matter.

Seems to me it should make little difference. Yes, spaying/neuturingdoes help, but I've bonded bunnies where only one was fixed and theother not and it went fine. Also, from what I understand, other bunnieshere who aren't fixed seem to be bonded as well.

However, I see you're point, as in, does breding effect this. Sorry that I couldn't answer.

We had a buck who was a show bunny and stud bunnyfor three years prior to our acquiring him. We had himneutered and he bonded well with a previously "widowed" doe.In fact, she was more of a stinker during the bonding process than hewas.

They lived happily together for another three years, until his demiselast April. Miss him still. Maxwell was the finestbunny we ever owned of all the eleven we have had or still have overthe past ten years or so.

Buck

Latest posts

Back