Purina Pellet Feed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becknutt

Reaction score
My daughters new mini rex, is on Purina Rabbit Chow (blue bag) Advanced Nutrition Show formula. Our other two are on a differant feed, and I went to the feed store today to buy a bag of the Purina. I noticed when I got home the date code is 08 July 18. Is that the date of manufacture or have they sold me expired feed? I was hoping those who use Purina would be familier with the date codes and could help me out on this. I have not opened the bag to check for color and smell because I intend to take it back if it is indeed expired.

Opinions are appreciated. Thanks!

I went to Purina Mills website to see if I could find anything...maybe you could contact them directly?

Purina Mills, LLC
555 Maryville University Drive
Suite 500
St. Louis, Missouri 63141

or

P. O. Box 66812
St. Louis, Missouri 63166-6812
Phone:
(314) 317-5100
(800) 227-8941

Fax:
314-317-5278

Thank you! I'm going to give them a call.

**Update - Well their customer service closed at 4pm CST. I missed it by 20min. Guess I'll try tomorrow. :?

Becknutt wrote:
Thank you! I'm going to give them a call.

**Update - Well their customer service closed at 4pm CST. I missed it by 20min. Guess I'll try tomorrow. :?

I've contacted Purina Customer Service before and they've always been very helpful.

Just in case anyone else ever needs this information, I wanted to update the thread. I spoke with Purina Mills customer service and this feed has a shelf life of about 6 months. So the manufacture date I saw is nearly that old. I'm taking the feed back, and exchanging it for a fresher bag. Especialy being that they made it in the heat of summer, and I know this feed store's storage is outdoors.

Back