Pumpkin Questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tonyshuman wrote:
so i cooked the pumpkin, peeled, blended, and everything, but tony hates it. he will sniff at it, but won't eat it! he thumped when i tried to give it to him! i guess i'll be making pumpkin pie instead...:p
Send that pie over here! I loooove pumpkin ;)

He thumped? :shock:

Sound like he REALLY hates it! Mind you, Pipp did that when I'd give her parsley -- well, not thump but act like I was handing her a cat turd -- and now she eats it all up.

She likes her pumpkin dry and not cold, btw. I have to wrap it in a paper towell before she'll eat the canned stuff.

Did you try offering him raw pumpkin? (Does pumpkin puree raw?)

Might be worth intially sticking just a bit of honey (EDIT: or banana) in it and try again --bunny/pumpkin bonding advice. ;)

sas :)

Butter likes pumpkin ..somewhat. :p It is a very useful thing for emergencies, though. I'd freeze some mixed with one of the bunny's favourite foods, if I were you. It might help, who knows?

I think someone mentioned that they knew squash had to be cooked because of the nutrient issue, but wasn't sure about pumpkin?......
Pumpkin is a kind of squash ;) Just thought I'd point that out.

Good luck with the pumpkin~ :p It makes a wonderful pie.
I'm totally going to come over there and steal it from you, haha~
Mmmm......

~Diana and Butter

tonyshuman wrote:
so i cooked the pumpkin, peeled, blended, and everything, but tony hates it. he will sniff at it, but won't eat it! he thumped when i tried to give it to him! i guess i'll be making pumpkin pie instead...:p

LOL! Bo thumps and then stomps on Strawberries (the evil fruit from H*ll).... until it's murderized into the mats of his cage......

He doesn't like much fruit. :p

yeah, i did cook it. no more pumpkin left to see if he likes it raw. i think he's just being sassy, like he usually does. most of the new foods he likes now were once completely rejected. i also was kinda trying to put a little bit on his paw so he would lick it off and then see how much he liked it, so my invasion of his personal space may have contributed! i'll try again sometime, especially with honey or applesauce or something he would like! but that recipe from allrecipes.com is great, if your buns like pumpkin i guess. ;)

EDIT: i gave him some in a dish and then left him alone, and he ate it all up! i guess he just didn't want me to know he liked it! what a sassafrass.:p

cool thankyou i just bought a couple as everyone on here always talks about pumkins but you can only get them here at halloween then you never see them again. I hope mine like them:)

tonyshuman wrote:
EDIT: i gave him some in a dish and then left him alone, and he ate it all up! i guess he just didn't want me to know he liked it! what a sassafrass.:p

We have things that Bo does like this. I don't get it! He won't eat his papaya pellet if I am around. He won't TOUCH pumpkin unless I'm not around and then it's questionable.

Clover does this with her pineapple.

Like we don't know it's gone?!?! :p

Back