Probiotics Problem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
Dumbest question...

I been fighting like crazy with the probiotics for the girls... It's called something Care but not critical care... Looks exactly like the Benebac tube? Like this:

http://www.arcatapet.com/fullsize/6457.jpg

Thing is it always locks in the syringe and awful hard to feed. The girls arent liking it on food or anything. What should I do with it? Should I dilute? I guess not. I was hoping to mix it in with something, maybe baby food to change the smell and taste?

Hi,

Bene-Bac is by far the best probiotic I have used in rabbits. Most rabbits will eat it willingly. It is most likely the syringe that is causing the difficulty. Most adult rabbits get about a gram or so a day. Instead of trying to use the big syringe to feed it...shoot the correct amount into a 1cc syringe which is much easier to handle and feed it using the smaller syringe.

Bene-Bac also comes in a powdered form. The powder can be spread across food....especially moist greens. It can also be put into the center of a small piece of banana....the banana trick will also work with the paste. Baby food will also work. I suspect you will have better success if you can find the powder. I buy the powder at our local Petco. Every mammal that comes thru in rehab gets Bene-Bac in their formula.

Randy

Oh sorry, I am using a 1cc syringe :?It gets stuck... Weird. I cannot use powder form as i have to go to the vets and this is what I got. I can't afford a taxi trip plus the cost of the powder :bagheadI will try smoshing it in banana if I can find some. They weren't that good this week. Hihi. Thanks!

Syringes can be a pain in the butt. The best thing to do is quickly pull back on the syringe when it gets stuck and push again, quickly. It usually helps unstick it and get things moving, if you can understand my meaning lol. Sounds odd when typed out - wish I could show you!

Try the banana trick it's a good back up. :)

I did that. No worky. I got fed up, changed the syringe... Blocked again. In fact, I broke the other by pushing. It just would not budge. I think something is wrong with the paste. :(

Luckily, Dahlia was in the mood to eat it so she ate it off food. Ariella, however, is a totally different story.

Me no likey probiotics. I am finding the actual injections easier. :?

Latest posts

Back