pregnant

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't think my bunny is pregnant, or maybe she's just a very late kindler.
Does anyone know if bunnies can Kindle after 33 days?
I just thought she was pregnant as she showed all signs of pregnancy. She was with my male for a couple of days, and for the last 33 days she has been a different bunny, she has been grumpy, not wanting to be picked up, and her appetite was increased. She got heavier, and she seemed to slow down a bit. She has been nesting for the last week and was due on Sunday or Monday this week, I kept an eye on her Tuesday, and yesterday, but still no sign of kits. Today is day 34, and she seems to have stopped nesting now, like the little holes she was making, in her box in the straw, are filled back in.
I really thought she would have them last night, as she was resting heaps yesterday, but unfortunately no kits this morning.
I'm not sure whats going on
But does anyone know if kindling can happen after day 33.

I don’t say for sure that they aren’t pregnant until day 40. My doe gave birth on day 37 once. Each rabbit is completely unique with nest box habits. My doe Opal will refuse to leave the hay in her nest box until she is a day or two away from birth. Until she gives birth I have never seen her put fur in her nest. She will just repeatedly make and destroy her nest until she gives birth. So, don’t loose hope yet!

(A picture of Opal’s favorite way to redecorate when she gets her nest box.)CD57D3A6-47EB-44F6-834F-9BF0EEC8BBB2.jpeg

unfortunately no babies. I put her back in with my male, and immediately she raised for him, and mating was successful.
I think maybe being with the male the first time, may have just set off her hormones, and made her go on heat or yea. Does anyone know if that is possible

The first time I wasn't totally sure if my male had mated her, but this time I am, sure.
So hopefully babies at the end of the month

I don’t say for sure that they aren’t pregnant until day 40. My doe gave birth on day 37 once. Each rabbit is completely unique with nest box habits. My doe Opal will refuse to leave the hay in her nest box until she is a day or two away from birth. Until she gives birth I have never seen her put fur in her nest. She will just repeatedly make and destroy her nest until she gives birth. So, don’t loose hope yet!

(A picture of Opal’s favorite way to redecorate when she gets her nest box.)View attachment 64514
This feels familiar… does she do this every time?

Latest posts

Back