Post Neuter - How to get him to eat?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharahbear

Reaction score
We just neutered Charlie earlier today, but now he won't eat anything :(

I know he is hungry, because someone at the vet messed up and told us to stop feeding him at 10pm the night before (his surgery was at 10am today CST).

We brought him home, but he's not touching anything... hay, pellets, carrots.

I did offer him a treat and he practically ripped it out of my hands.

Any suggestions? :?

Have you tried hand feeding him the other food? If he took a treat from your hands it might just be he's feeling a bit too shaken up to take food from the ground, not sure. Him being deprived of food for 12 hours before the surgery worries me a bit - do you have green veg to offer him? Carrots are very sugary. My girl just got spayed and she was very fussy after the surgery, but cilantro, banana and oats (and weirdly, plain straw) she would nibble at.

Thanks for the reply. I think he was bit shaken up from the surgery. I sat with him cuddling and offering food for about 30 mins before he started eating... then boy did he eat lol! It was a relief for sure.

A tip from naturestee and myheart, canned pumpkin! 1 tablespoon works well if your bunny gobbles canned pumpkin, and good for disguising meds.

Hope this helps later on for anyone lurking. Hooray for getting him neutered, and hooray for his appetite restarting!

Latest posts

Back