poor Iz

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Izzy's nails needed clipping badly, so I broughther in. She is so mild that I can do it myself by cradling her upsidedown in my lap. She isabout 5 yrs. old, has been clipped manytimes. Of course, she hates it, but I've never seen this before.....

Anyway, she started shaking so badly as soon as I rolled her overthatI could hardly hold onto her foot. Didn't fight oranything, but her whole body was shuddering violently. This lasted thewhole time I was clipping (and I was working fast and gently).

When I was done, she immediately rolled over and crawled undermy arm, and just sat there, sides heaving. We sat for a few minutes,then I took her back out. Last I saw, she was chasing her bread aroundthe cage.

What on earth happened? Why is she suddenly so terrified?

Rose

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? I'veexperienced similar circumstances, but not as pronounced as the one youdescribed. I've had them whimper sometimes and actvery fearfully sometimes, and other times, not.

Were you talking reassuringly to her the whole time?Sometimes, I forget because I get so engrossed in not cutting tooclose, or trying to correctly locate the quick. The cooingdoes help.

I'm at a loss for the reasons for the change in behavior, myself, though.

Buck

I'm baffled too. Maybe it was just a nervous dayfor her! I was talking to her, but it didn't seem to getthrough. She is fine today, though.

Her daughter needs a nail job too. And she IS a fighter. hooo boy.....:?

Rose

Chompers shakes like that when we try to holdhim. I agree, it's very unsettling to see, and I feelhorribleafterwards. Usually I give him a few raisins to apologize after.

Latest posts

Back