Poopy babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Tracey~

Reaction score
My 5wk old babies have poopy bottoms, it's notbad but they been eating the vege i put in for mum so i am gonna haveto remove them from the hutch while mum has her vege. I did read thatit was ok for them to eat what mum ate but this cant be good everydaycan it as mum has vege everyday?

Weaning babies can be really hard.

Also, bunnies need to have fresh stuff introduced slowly so as not toupset their tummies (the buns that I have bought from breeders said atabout 12 weeks start introducing it to buns).

It is a good idea to give fresh to the mum when mum and babies areseparate. It might be worth giving some pro biotic bunny stuff in theirwater to help their tummies rebalance out. I really hope there are notragic affects from this.

Keep us up to date

Hey Tracey - you really don't want the bunniesto be eating the vegetables at 5 weeks - that's too young.Usually you introduce vegetable slowly over after the buny is older(some people here do it anywherefrom 3 - 6 months).. 5 weeksis definately too young in my opinion.

I believe at this point they can be eating hay and pellets though...right?

I'm going to move this to the rabbitry as more people there will be familiar with baby bunnies this young.

HoneyPot wrote:
Hey Tracey - you really don't want the bunnies to be eatingthe vegetables at 5 weeks - that's too young. Usually youintroduce vegetable slowly over after the buny is older (some peoplehere do it anywherefrom 3 - 6 months).. 5 weeks is definatelytoo young in my opinion.

This is very true. Also, it is o.k. to feed mom the veggieswhen she is nursing the babies but I wouldn't allow the babies to eatthe greens. You can give them hay, cheerios, little bit ofoatmeal. Nothing wet. Best to wait until they are 6months.

Sharon

Latest posts

Back