pooping every where!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
Jamie's pooping every where! he doesn't do it too much in the house, but he gets free range on the back porch every day that we're home from about 10 or 11 am to 7 or 8 pm(it's about 15 feet x 15 feet)and he poops every where! it's a mess, i have to sweep up after him almost every day:shock:. just for y'all tha don't know, he's a seven months old male(unneutered)holland lop. i'm just wondering if there's anything i could do to get him to stop:p. thanks guys!

Anna

Your bun's doing what's natural: marking his territory. (Yes, besides urine, bunnies use poop for this purpose.) The problem will surely remain as long as he's unneutered 'cause his hormones will be driving his behavior, his belief that he must mark "his" territory.

Jenk

I have to say that my two buns, both fixed, aged about 2.5 and 1, still poop everywhere in their huge cage (not out of it, thank goodness). They are free roam all the time. I think it's just part of how bunnies work--they're poop machines!!

tonyshuman wrote:
...My two buns, both fixed, aged about 2.5 and 1, still poop everywhere in their huge cage (not out of it, thank goodness). They are free roam all the time. I think it's just part of how bunnies work--they're poop machines!!
My two girls hardly ever poop outside of their litter boxes. When outside of their cages (in an x-pen area), they still rarely poop outside of the box. The one exception is when they mark (very slightly) in the kitchen, which is the room my husband and I are currently using to re-bond our girls (since their spay surgeries).

Jenk

When will you be getting him neutered? Do you plan to? That should help. Usually with a neutered bun if they do this, they say to reduce their space of free roam, like close to their cage and slowly expand as they aren't marking.

Latest posts

Back