Poo and Pee

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sesame376

Reaction score
My bunny is very young, he is about 3 months.
When i first got him his poo was light brown and in the form of small balls. Now they are very dark and not balls... they are very deformed. It is still hard but not round at all. Is this normal?
Also, My bunny used to never pee out of his cage and these past few days he has been peeing every time i take him out..on me. is this normal?

sorry if this really isn't a big deal, i just don't want anything bad to happen to him.
Thanks,
Jess

Unfortunately it can be a big deal, good to be observant.

Any change in litter output or habits is a concern, especially small and/or misshapen poos, it can be a sign of a GI Tract slowdown or blockage.

In this case because it's coupled with a possible urine issue, I'd take him to the vet ASAP to also check for a urinary tract infection.

Immediately, give him plenty of liquids (preferably Pedialyte) and plain canned pumpkin for wet fiber.

How long have you had him , what was he eating before and what is he eating now?

sas :?

my mini lop fred had mushy poos, and it turned out it was from too much protien from his pellets. i cut them out for about two weeks, and his poos are back to normal. now i give him pellets, but less than i did before. i am also going to try switching him to a pellet with less protien, as he is on kaytee timothy complete which is like 18% vs oxbows 15or 16%

my mom thought i was giving him too much lettuce..so i stopped giving him any yesterday and he pooed like normal.
but today he hasnt pooed or peed at all...

no iceberg lettuce...only romaine i give him. he is eating hay but nothing else.
he had one little cluppy poo that looked like a bunch of tiny ones stuck together but nothing else the whole day.

do you have a a probiotic like benebac?. it has live microorganisms that will help replenish the good bacteria in a rabbit's GI tract . if not you can get it at a pets store or else get probiois which is in a tubeand the same probiotic which is sold for large animals at farm stores. this stuff works on rabbits like yogurt works on people.

I, personally would leave him on hay for now as long as he is eating and try to get a probiotic in him.
His Gi tract sounds like it's nor functioning normally. I would be less concerened about the pooping right now as long as he is eating hay and drinking water.

Latest posts

Back