Poker is not eating his pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pOker

Reaction score
Poker isnt eating his pellets..
He poops normally and uses his litter box normally.
he hasnt eaten anything that he shouldnt have-hasnt been acting that different.hopping normally. i didnt hear any noises in his belly, no grumbling or anything like that. his poop is normal size..
everything is normal besides the fact that he is not eating.
he hasnt been anywhere different besides the porch..not in a warmer room, not in a colder room-no changes.

Poker has never been the kind of bunny to run up to the food dish when I put it in..he takes it slow-after i leave he runs in and chows down.

But it has been a few days since he has eaten his pellets..it seemed that a few were gone, so i filled it up completely. I put a carrot in his cage, i took celery and cut it in the middle-but didnt cut it in 2-just made a slit and put some banana treats in there so he would have to eat the celery to get the treats..im really pushing the hay and water..he enjoys the hay. he isnt being lethargic, but he isnt hopping about either-he is kind of a lazy bunny.

I would like to know if there is anything that I can give him that may help him out? Canned pumpkin??
Is there anything that else that i should check for??

The vet is pretty far away-but if he gets terribly bad or i dont notice any changes-i will rush him to an emergency vet about 30 minutes away..

Please help me out.

He hasnt gone into the vet recently-he has an appointment for a checkup and neuter next month...he is calm when it comes to looking in his mouth so i did check that out...nothing looked wrong. I did pick him up and tried to touch his 'cheeks' to see if he would twitch in pain-but he just closed his eyes like he usually does when i stroke his face..

SweetSassy wrote:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=53568&forum_id=16

Check out my thread from last night. Daisy wasn't eating. Poker may have gas. That may be another reason.
wow-after you sent me this i went out to check on him again and he was chomping away on his pellets :)

i am still going to keep an eye on him because he hasnt eaten in 2 days or so--if this happens again i will take the advice that people gave you on the thread..

thanks for the help though :)

Glad to hear it has resolved some. It could have been gas. I recommend asking your vet to take a good look at his back molars, which can be done with a scope that they put into the mouth. It's best to do with another tool, but that requires anesthesia. A quick check with the scope should give the vet an idea of if he has tooth issues. You can't tell by looking with your eyes.

Back