please help me!! (RIP) :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvdutchrabbbits90

Reaction score
My 11 month old satin stoped eating yesterday.

Today he wont eat or drink and has some stuffaround his nose it dosent look like snot.

We gave him fluids yesterday shouldwe do it agian?

My mom is calling the vet in the morning.

The closest place that is open now is almost 2 hours away and my mom wont go for it.

Should i give him suger water? I know thats what you do for little puppies but dont know about rabbits.

Please what should i do for him?

I went to go pick him up and he cried. So i set him dow and he jumed up dug at his blanket cried agian and died.:tears2:

Then after he died i could hear his belly making noises what do you think it was?

Oh my gosh, this is so sad. :tears2: I was waiting for a Mod or an more experienced member in rabbit health and treatment to come and help you but the forum always seems to slow down around this time. You should always hear soft soft noises coming from a rabbit's stomach, if it's dead quiet that means stasis. Loud gurgling noises indicate gas and/or an irritated intestine.

I'm so sorry. :tears2:

It sounds like he was already too far gone when you posted, those were probably 'end stage' symptoms. The gut noises may have been a GI tract issue but it could also have just been the body shutting down.

What did the stuff around his nose look like? Did he have any thing looking unusual elsewhere, like around his genitals? Was his tummy swollen?

Had he been wheezing at all? When did he poop last? What were his poops and pee like? Any sign of straining to pee?

What fluids did you give him? What did he eat before that? Could he have nibbled on anything unusual? A plant? Cleaner? Carpet? Plastic?

Sometimes they're just born with heart or other defects and there's nothing anybody can do. :(

So sorry for your loss. :(

sas :rip: Bolt

I'm so sorry. I agree with sas, it probably was too late once you discovered anything. Rabbits are very good at hiding their symptoms from us and often do so to the point that we can't tell anything is wrong until it is too late.

From your description, I can't really tell what was going on. What color/texture was the stuff around his nose? Was he doing anything like pointing his nose up higher than the rest of his body, or breathing rapidly?

For a bunny in distress, sugar water is usually not a good idea. Water or pedialyte (infant rehydration drink) are good, but sugar is too harsh on a bunny's sensitive GI tract (promotes bad bacteria).

Thank you too all of you.
He was pooping fine and it was normal he was peeing fine.
The stuff around his nose was a dark almost like a little blood? The day he got sick he wasnt out at all and the day before because iv been busy.
And his belly was not swollan at all.At the end he started breathing real fast.

Oh dear. It's hard to tell what could have caused that. It sounds like something really serious, probably due to his genetics. I'm so sorry.

the baby lasted only 1 hr.from post,,this is very sad,,and my condolences with the grief/-i have mine cremated and in a small box.....in retro spect...the meter was running.(.barring any toxic chemicals,at hand)--if the tummy was hard-gi-stasis)--but then you would have seen a difference in the poops,,one has to question the diet..:pink iris::rainbow:-,sincerely james waller--prey animals hide illness to the point of death,,this is why i say the meter is running...

Back