pet bunny stolen from hutch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timetowaste

Reaction score
this is a sad, sad tale.

safe return home, apple :pray:

http://content.times-herald.com/351837214367254.bsp

Reward offered for rabbit Published 12/26/07 in The Times-Herald
By CAROLYN CRIST
[email protected]

Apple was a very important rabbit.
To Ashlee Reese, 21, it doesn't make any sense that someone would steal her pet bunny, especially just before the holidays.
On Dec. 15 her father returned from the store and didn't see the rabbit's box in the hutch they had built. When he walked to the side of the house, he saw the box on the ground and thought his daughter had taken the rabbit inside.
When the family discovered that Apple was actually missing, they decided not to give up.
"I was shocked and didn't know where to start," said Reese. She posted signs in her neighborhood offering a $25 reward if the rabbit was returned and wrote a letter expressing her disappointment.
"Apple was a very important rabbit. She never felt shy when it came to expressing herself, as often she'd nip me when I held her, but it was always in love. She was a gift and a family member, which is why she is missed so. Her Christmas gift, a new two-story hutch, stands semi-assembled in my garage. I'd ask no questions, I just want her back — preferably in my hands and not in her old cage. Currently there is a reward out for her return," Reese wrote.
The police thought the rabbit had run away from the home, located on Pine Grove Circle near Newnan High School. However, Reese knew that was not the case.
"Part of the hatch was clearly torn off," she said. "One side was nailed shut, and it looks as if they forced in one side."
Reese said she has no idea who would take the rabbit but suspects a parent may have gotten it for a child as Christmas gift.
"It still doesn't make sense though because rabbits are cheap and could be easily gotten anywhere," she said.
Her mother, however, said she thinks it was a group of children who are playing a prank and not thinking of how it affected others.
"People are just vindictive and don't care anymore. They see anything and think it's theirs to take," she said. "The hatch was right next to the house, and it makes me feel like people aren't safe in their homes anymore."
A group of friends bought Reese a new rabbit to cheer her up. She said although the gesture was appreciated, she still wants Apple back.
"She really was a part of this family, and I'd like to have her back," Reese said.
Anyone with information can call 770-251-8729.

God who would do that. If someone did steal it as a suspected gift there are plenty of rabbits out there labeled free or live $5.oo

Latest posts

Back