Pest Problem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyndall_minirex

Reaction score
I live in a wooded area. We recently moved my buns (four pens) farther away from the house. Since this move, we have noticed problems with spiders and even ants in the biggest pen. The spiders look like daddy long legs, but with fat bodies.

I was wondering if there was any (hopefully organic) way to get rid of these pests without hurting my bunnies? In the pen there is a mommy with four babies and one three month old. I normally wouldn't be so concerned if it were just one spider, but I've noticed more than a dozen making my buns sleeping box their own. ):

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Kyndall

Hi there :wave:

Sounds like insect-proof screen is the way to go. Your hutches should also be put on stilts, off the ground (if they aren't already)

Insect proof screen should be available at your hardware store. You can staple gun it to the existing hutch if it is made out of wood.

Also, you should check all of the wood joints and corners and sides of the hutch to ensure that there are no gaps in the wood that would let bugs in.

If you post some pictures, I'm sure we can come up with some more ideas :)

(By the way, welcome to RO!)

Thanks for the warm welcome!

The hutch is about two and a half feet off of the ground. I'll check the gaps, as the bugs seem to be getting in between the frame and the doors (the hutch has three doors).

I'll try and get some pictures up soon :)

Latest posts

Back