Peeing like crazy :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*nepo*

Reaction score
Nepo has peed like 5 timestoday, but not in large amounts. He usually pees two or three times inlarge amounts. He is eating his pellets and hay and he is drinkingwater. Yesterday I mixed alfalfa and timothy hay together and gave itto him. Timothy hay is new to him, but alfalfa isn't. Might it be thetimothy hay or is it something else? He is acting normal.

That doesn't sound bad, but probably keepwatching. Is it getting cooler where you are? Maybe his body isn'tusing as much water as usual.

The coldest it can get isnear 50F. Right now it is 82F. But earlier I took him and his cage outand it was a little bit cooler. I think itmight be because Igave him to kinds of hay together:?, but I don't know

You might want to have him examined by avet. In another post you mentioned he had flaking skin aroundhis nipples. Normally, the male's nipples are not obviouslyevident as the fur is covering them and flaking skin could indicate aparasite problem, possibly brought on by a stressed immuned system thatmight be related whatever is causing him to urinate more thannormal. I think you might want to get this situation lookedinto and have a urine test done.

Pam

I don't have avet:(I might buy the horse worming paste, would that be okay?On Thursday he was scratching his ears a lot. And he also scratchedthem today.

The horse wormer would be a good start.Purchase a brand that contains Ivermectin. Give him a smallsmear in his mouth every seven days for the next month.

Pam

Do I have to contact a vet?I read another post about a bunny scratching his ears a lot and Carolynsaid to give it to the bunny forten days, and then you saidto also put it in the ear canal. Should I do that?

*nepo* wrote:
Do I have to contact a vet? I readanother post about a bunny scratching his ears a lot and Carolyn saidto give it to the bunny forten days, and then you said toalso put it in the ear canal. Should I do that?

You can use medicated ear drops, or rub some Ivermectin paste (orIvomec drops) into the ear. Part of the problem is the factthat you don't know what you are treating (parasites, bacterialinfection, fungus . . .), so it's hard to recommend a proper course oftreatment. I'm also concerned because you mentioned therabbit is urinating more than usual. There could be a moreserious health problem involved.

Pam

It could must be due to the fact that he's a buckand he's spraying a little, or it may be due to a kidney/bladderproblem. The fact that he may have a parasite or fungalinfection on his stomach indicates something is going on. Arabbit's immune system normally fights off over population ofparasites. The best thing I can recommend is a visit to thevet for a proper diagnosis.

Are you positive that Nepo is a buck?

Pam

*nepo* wrote:
Do I have to contact a vet? I readanother post about a bunny scratching his ears a lot and Carolyn saidto give it to the bunny forten days, and then you said toalso put it in the ear canal. Should I do that?

Actually, Nepo, my advice was to give the little one Ivermectin - andthen 10 days later, give it one more dose. Giving the rabbit10 days of Ivermectin is something I'd never suggest.

I do second what Pamnock advises. I hope you are able to getthe little one checked so that you're giving the proper medication.

I'll be thinking and praying for you and Nepo.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back