PASTEURELLA MULTOCIDA-treatment

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesedwardwaller

Reaction score
which antibiotic works best.,seems the choice is either fluoroquinolones,,or tetracyclines,,ie bactrim.,sulfadime or azithromycin...sincerely james waller,,pm if need be..:big wink:

Tetracyclines-Generally ineffective

Flouroquinolones-Resistance issues with the exception of Marbofloxacin (Zeniquin)

Sulfa-Almost totally ineffective and very rough on the beneficial bacteria in the GI.

My drugs of choice against Pasteurealla are: Azithromycin, Pencillin (injectable only) and Convenia (injectable only with modified dosing protocol).

Randy

ra7751 wrote:
Tetracyclines-Generally ineffective

Flouroquinolones-Resistance issues with the exception of Marbofloxacin (Zeniquin)

Sulfa-Almost totally ineffective and very rough on the beneficial bacteria in the GI.

My drugs of choice against Pasteurealla are: Azithromycin, Pencillin (injectable only) and Convenia (injectable only with modified dosing protocol).

Randy
i had hoped this would be of interest,,randy--thank you for your much respected expertise.//.i too have come quite a way as i have been treating one rabbit with zithromax for about 2 weeks now--i am just now seeing a good change.//.she is my oldest rabbit 7 year old-himalayin/sp?--her weight has stablized,her eating is almost normal-,,-vet had her on sulfadime/which wasn,t working.//.she is not altered--which was to be the next step,,but because of her age i wasn,t sure if she should have the surgery.//.the info i found on medirabbit.com--sure did help save her...sincerely james waller:big wink:

Latest posts

Back