Pancake hates me!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffS

Reaction score
Hello Rabbiteers!
Pancake used to love me, and then she loved Riley. Now she only loves Riley!

To give you an idea of what I'm up against, Riley humped Pancake against her will for days, weeks even. Riley bit her head and she bled and lost hair. Yet now she LOVES Riley. Riley gets all kinds of grooming and he doesn't have to do anything in return, and usually doesn't.

On the other hand, I'm super nice and I give her treats. Yet she's decided that I'm only to be tolerated. I can't hardly look at her without her disliking it. I've been laying on the floor with her for days with no change. I'm perfectly happy to wait a month or whatever for results, but I don't want to do the wrong things for a month

She doesn't hate me, which is nice, but it'd be even nicer if she wouldn't keep running away from me and giving me that rabbity "how dare you" look. It makes me sad. :(

Jeff

PS Riley likes me.

PPS is it normal for Riley's ears to be all the way down and back when he cuddles me? Is it because he's scared or something? And yes he's the one who wanted to cuddle. He jumps up on the couch all by himself. :biggrin2:

PPPS Yes the title is exaggerated, I can't edit it now. Also, now that I think about it, Pancake gives me bunny kisses sometimes when I lie down near her. It's so confusing.

Of course, just after I wrote all that, Pancake decided she wanted loves. I was on the floor petting Riley and Pancake decided that she wanted to cuddle up to Riley. She let me pet her even after Riley got up to eat! I'm so confused.

dear confused,it might be as simple as your not part of the equation anymore,.they sound content,work with them,be the pack leader,the alpha male,..sincerely james waller

Rabbits all have their own personality. Had to move Bonnie over to my son's house as she kept attacking Nancy. If she was out, she'd let out a huge "rowrrrr" sort of sounding like a cat and she start biting Nancy's shoes or pants and got a finger a time or two. She's fine with everyone else.

Pancake seemed ok with me this morning. She wasn't begging for attention, but she at least tolerated some head scratches.

Latest posts

Back