Palomino or Flemish Giant

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me a good way to tell the difference between a golden palomino and a fawn flemish giant?

When I saw the pics of Maherwoman's new baby - it looks similar to what Tony looked like :shock:

A palomino is smaller in size and weighs less. It weighs 8-11 pounds. The Flemish Giant Weighs on average of 15 pounds. Also ear length is a clue. Flemish Giants have very large ears, pals don't.

Sharon

The Flemish that Maherwoman is getting is still pretty young and may develop a richer coat color as it matures. Right now,it's hard to tell. Idon't know what colors arebehind it (in the pedigree). Itmay not grow up to be a "showable"fawn if it retains the blue shading. At this age, the Flemish look a lot like a baby Pal, except at the same age, the Flmeish should be bigger than a Pal.

As a mature rabbit, the Flemish Giant has a different body type than a Palomino, (the Flemish has an arch that starts further behind the shoulders.)

Buthe'll make a lovely pet and companion bunny... no doubt about it!

I knew about the size differences, but I wondered about the differences in other things (like ears and body type that have been mentioned.) I need to take a good photo and get a good weight on Tony soon.

Thank you so much :)

Very different body types - Pals are commercial type and Flemish are semi-arch.

Pam

Thank you! I knew Tony didn't have the ears (his are big but not huge!), but it did really shock me to see that baby looking similar!

Guess who finally ordered the breed standard last night??? :thankyou:

Latest posts

Back