pale poo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jollyjammer

Reaction score
my rabbits sometimes has pale, almost white poos. other than that he seems fine, he eats twicea day (each time: handfull of pellets, a carrot, half an apple, some lettuce- meal varies quite a bit too! mostly veg, little fruit), very energetic, VERY naughty. he does every now and again knock over glasses of whisky or coke and drink it, and he goes wild about chocolate but it's not often, and his poo has only changed colour recently.

should i be worried?

[p.s. we never let him eat the bad stuff, but sometimes he's quicker than us!]

I wonder if what's going on is that his pee is white and it's drying on the poos to make them look white. This happens with my guys sometimes.

I worry about his diet, though. If he's anything smaller than a giant rabbit, that's a bit too much sweets (carrot and apple). I would only give 30cm of carrot OR 1/8 of an apple to a dwarf bunny once a day. Of course you try to not let him get into the bad stuff, but it might be better to be more careful. I've learned the hard way that bunnies will try really hard to get at things they shouldn't have, and leaving a bag of chocolate on a table in their room (supposedly out of their reach) isn't enough to keep them out of it.

Does he get hay?

wow, didnt even know that carrots were 'sweet'! i have a lot to learn. he has hay in his cage, and he gets a couple of hours outside on the grass everyday so he eats quite a bit then.

right, so i'm going to alternate apple and carrot as his treat then and give him more lettuce/cabbage etc.

oh, and yes we've also learnt the hard way about the bad stuff! he seems to recognise chocolate wrappings now because he'll get into sealed bars, and when we first got him he broke every glass in the house because he'd knock them off the coffee table! it's basically under control now. we've learnt not to leave glasses unattended, and of simon manages to sneak unnoticed onto the table he is swiftly set back on the ground!

Latest posts

Back