Our 4 bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martina

Reaction score
Well the first bun is Peter. We got him and his brother onAugust 26, 2004 when they were about 3/4 months old. My sister's friend had just left our house and then came running back in yelling there are bunnies on the road, so we went out side to see two buns in a driveway, so I went and got the kennel while my sister, her friend and my mom were herding them up. Well long story short(er) we caught them, mysister's friend took Peter's bro home and we kept Peter.

Here is Peter soon after we got him...

Peterripnewspaper.jpg

Petereasterlap.jpg

Petereasteregg.jpg

Petereastershirt.jpg

A while later (about a year)we decide to foster for the SPCA and we got a reply from Small Animal Rescue Society of British Columbia (SARS) Soin Junewe got Raven a blackMini-lop mix and Ollie a English Spot Holland Lop mix. They bothcame from a big rescue where there was 28 adults and 54 babiesOllie was the only female that was not pregnant, so they have about80 relatives.Then way to soon (July)Raven got Adopted and we were sad but we got another one to take her place Puddin' another Mini-Lop mix she came from a local SPCA then SARS got them, she came in with her two brothers and her sister.

Here is Raven

RavenakaBlackie.jpg

Here is Ollie

OllieButtons2.jpg

Hereis Puddin'

Puddin2.jpg

More in next post

Well after a couple of months and putting off Peter's neuter, wefinally had him fixed this December. After he recovered we started bonding and we decided Puddin' liked him better then Ollie liked him, so we bonded them, It went really smoothly and now they are very happy together in their NIC condo.

DCP_0004_2.jpg

66ebacdd.jpg

d15079b3.jpg

you can see his tongue :)
2ac67797.jpg

60e9927e.jpg

34dc5116.jpg

695dcd65.jpg

1647a8d4.jpg

More again...

Well since PooPoo and PeePee are bonded we felt bad for Ollie being left out so on Feb. 12 last week, We got Lucas he has a sad story so here it is copy and pasted from SARS...

Lucas came to us as he was recently surrendered to a local shelter. He was brought into them because a woman had seen him being shaken by a dog. Thankfully she was able to scare the dog off and scoop up Lucas.
We can’t imagine the terror the poor guy felt. We are just so glad that he made it out alive. The poor guy….when we first saw him we noticed that he had a funny limp, a few scratches and some sort of membrane covering his eyes. We weren’t sure initially if he was blind or not.

When we took Lucas into the vet it was discovered that he has what is known as persistent papillary membrane. The vet felt he can probably see a bit and has had this condition since birth. Can you imagine, the poor Lucas having to live out in the wild, alone and unable to see properly? It’s amazing that he had even survived at all as the area he was found in was highly wooded. In addition to his eye problems, he also has some sort of neurogenic condition that is causing the weakness in his back leg. The limp could have been caused by an injury to his back while being shaken by the dog. At this point, we are just waiting to see if it will resolve itself.

Today Lucas is doing well. He gets around well and eats up a storm. He needs a quiet approach and someone gentle as he can easily be startled if he cannot see you. We are giving him time to rest & recuperate before he will be neutered. Once he has been neutered, he will join the rest of the bunnies and will be available for adoption. If he doesn’t find a new home, he is welcome to stay with us :)

He’s such a wonderful guy... we just love him!!

Ithas been only a week so we don't expect instant bonding but Ollie has somebug attitude so it will take a whilebut that's ok.Here are some more Ollie pics and Lucas...

Ollie

DCP_0036_1.jpg

DCP_0034_1.jpg

e06e1823.jpg

4bc45ce9.jpg

Lucas

4d7452db.jpg

93ceb2ad.jpg

ece67e96.jpg

bee9b075.jpg

49e09961.jpg

So that is our 4 bunnies! Hope you like them :)

naturestee wrote:
Welcome to the forum! I think I need to make a bunnynapping trip to BC!
You and me both! What cute bunnies - so glad to have the addition to our forum...

Peg

Well I think I should share pictures ofour other animals so here they are...

Sheri a 7 year old Beagle

sleepy

f5f03b86.jpg

DCP_0005_3.jpg

Sheri and Robbie Poo

SheriandRobbiePooplay.jpg

SheriandRobbieplaying.jpg

SheriRobbiesleeping.jpg

dc4941bc.jpg

Sheri running in the park

292cebcb.jpg

Sheri and Peter

2cc98c09.jpg

f417b0cb.jpg

Sheri and Margo

DCP_0008_1.jpg

MargoSherisleep.jpg

Margo a 5 year old Basset Hound

Margo.jpg

Margo2.jpg

Margocuteeyes.jpg

24cbc4e1.jpg

Margo at the park

0f0ab972.jpg

Peter begging Margo for attention

26dbec50.jpg

We adopted (or will be adopting)alot of our animals Puddin', Ollie, Lucas, Margo, Robbie Poo.

This isRobbie Poo he's 4 years old

RobbiePoo.jpg

Robbie in his Halloween costume

Robbiecostume.jpg

RobbiePoocostume.jpg

79052960.jpg

Robbielook.jpg

1b06fd3a.jpg

Robbie Poo and Kinky cuddle

KinkyandPoo.jpg

Robbie mad at getting his nails clipped

e17acc06.jpg

Kinky she's3 years old

Kinkyinhole.jpg

Kinkylook.jpg

DCP_0010_1.jpg

a9286247.jpg

5b97efd4.jpg

Kinky in the rabbits NIC cage
d29edc79.jpg

Here is Lucky,He is a Pacific Parrotlet, we don't exactly know how old he is but he is up there

Lucky.jpg

Joey he is 2 years old

ce862e5a.jpg

Joey2.jpg

Joey.jpg

Ace he is a California Kingsnake and is about 1 year old

Acebaby.jpg

having a bath
Ace.jpg

DCP_0005_1.jpg

DCP_0004_1.jpg

ok well if I counted right that isall our 11 animal family members:) enjoy

Such harmony your pets live in!!! I am very jealous! Adorable buns! So loving!

I love the pic of your dog and cat play fighting...so cute!!!!

:colors::colors::colors:

Welcome!!

-Vanessa

What a beautiful family! :kiss:

(I think we need to start a Rex/Lop club, there do seem to be a lot of pairs here on the forum :D)

Thanks everyone :D I love fostering they are great,It's failed fostering though because we are going to adopt them all:bunnydance: I have seen alot of rex lop pairs too I think they go great together ;)

:( Very sad update on Lucas...This is what happened today around 3:13, I came downstairswhere the animals are (in the living room) he was the first one Ilooked at in his cage and I could tell something was really wrong. Hewas just laying there in his litter box with his head back and his earsticking out of the cage and he was gasping for air, so I took him outright away and tried to make it easier for him to breath, then I calledmy family franticly but only my dad was available to get the phone, soI asked if he could take us to the vet right away but he was picking upmy sister from work so would be a while and would drive home as fast ashe can, well near the end of the call Lucas started twitching his frontlegs, then he stopped moving and breathing and he was gone. I couldn'tbelieve it, I tried to make him breath again but he wouldn't. I heldhim for about two hours until everyone was home, I didn't know whatelse to do.

I just can not believe he is gone. Everyone is saying at leasthe didn't die all alone or on a cold vet table but I feel horrible thathe died right in my arms. I can't stop bawling and I feel horriblyguilty. He was still eating last night and seemed happy with theattention. He had a vet appointment later in the day but didn't makeit. He had a sore near his eye that the vet thought was from Ollie whenthey met, but I doubt it...he had medicine for that and then the vetwanted to see him today to see him for lumps under his chin and to seeif that is caused by the histeeth

He was the *best* bunny I have ever heard of, ever had, he waseverything great you could want in a rabbit... except for his poorhealth. I can't believe he is gone, I miss him so much already. I don'tknow what else to say... there is *nothing* in the world bad about himhe was just the greatest bunny ever, He was truly an angel :(

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about Lucas. Howawful for you. I know it won't make you feel better, but at least Lucasknew love and happiness with you and your family, which was a blessingafter such a horrible start. He will be waiting at the Bridge for you!

How are the rest of your babies doing?

Jan

I'm so sorry :hug2

[align=center]:bunnyangel:[/align]

I'm so sorry about Lucas .

You couldn't have done anything more, but I know it still hurts. Hope you feel better soon:pray:

I was shocked when I saw Ollie. He is identicle to my friendsrabbit. Same colouring, same markings same body shape! Amazing :thud!

Thanks everyone

The other animals are doing alright, I think they know something isdifferent though. The dogs were sniffing him all over when hewasin my arms :( This is just horrible, it couldnothave happened to a better bunny rabbit, and he has beenthrough so much already :(

Back