Oranges?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
can bunnies have oranges? i have a book(from the Libary)that says they can. is that true?

Anna and Vi(I wants SWEEEEEETSSSSS:pinkbouce::pinkbouce:)

I wouldn't give my bunnies oranges or lemons, too much acidity.

For treats you can try fruits like banana's, apple's, pear's etc.

Im going to go ahead and move this to the Behavior and Nutrition section aswell ;).

Hi,

I found oranges on a couple of safe lists, but some say with.... and some say without the peel.

And here's some info from Randy when he was helping me with Chippy's ongoing GI issues....

ra7751 wrote:
Hi Jim,

If you can find something with lactobacillus casei.....I think it would be even better for Chippy. L Casei has some huge benefits. You can also do almostthe same thing by feeding abscorbic acid...it is found in citrus fruit....basically Vitamin C. We offer small pieces of oranges (fresh and peeled). The juice will help to acidify and stabilize the GI pH to help with stasis issues. It's water soluable so the kidneys excrete any excess. But like other things....don't overdo it if you choose to use this treatment.
Randy

Yofi LOVES oranges, as can be seen here:

evidenceSmall.jpg

I found this sitting on my kitchen table one day...and I'm sure when I'd left it there earlier, it wasn't missing half of itself. :p The boy would eat your fingers, I swear, if he thought they were digestible! I'll give Yofi two or three orange slices every so often as a treat, but not daily (and I peel it first). It's funny to watch him eat them because he tends to get orange juice everywhere, and winds up with orangy lips and a juice-covered chin.:)

My rabbits get orange slices with the peal on (I do try to remove all the seeds...) as a treat. Not all of them like oranges, but a lot of them do!

Edited to add: Oranges are on the HRS list of approved fruits.

Thanks guys! we have a (small)orange tree and i thought it'd be fun to give her some!

Anna
Edited to add: thanks for moving it Silvie, i was in a hurry and didn't think about it!

Latest posts

Back