One Eared Bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puddles

Reaction score
I am thinking about adopting a bunny that has only one ear. She lost an ear when she was extremely young.

Has anybody else had experience with a one eared bun? Will she be more prone to ear infections? Have issues with bugs bothering her exposed ear canal?

I am a little concerned about potential health problems.

Kits are occasionally overgroomed by their mother at birth, so it is not that uncommon to see earless or one-eared bunnies. Unless the rabbit is kept outside, he or she should not be at higher risk for ear infections or parasites.

If the rabbit is housed outside, I would check the ear over every couple days to ensure that it stays healthy. But it shouldn't really be a large health concern. :)

Rabbits are pretty resiliant. :) If you are considering him or her, I might suggest having him or her vet checked before adoption to ensure that there are no underlying health issues (you never know why an ear is missing if the bunny is in a shelter). But generally, it was just overgroomed as a baby and will be just fine.

I think it's a great idea that you want to keep that bunny. Once you bring her home, she'll be your best friend and will surely love you! Bunnies are very nice, loyal and loving pets - they will give back all the love you give them and more! :)

Latest posts

Back