On the ear thing again....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuddlesMom

Reaction score
I had a brain cramp i forgot how to send a p.m.how often do you use the olive oil in the ears once twice three times aday???!! And for how long i read 2 days but it never said how manytimes a day you do it.

Don't use olive oil at all -- what amess! Kitten flea powder or Sevin garden dust can be rubbedin the ear as well as Ivomec injections or ivermectin paste rubbed intothe ear. Ear mite drops with insecticide are alsoavailable. Treatment can be done every 3 days until thecondition clears up.

Pam

Thanks Pam i did do the olive oil he HATED IT! Ionly did it one time so far he seems ok not really scratchinganymore...i do have that sevin i had to use it when my hamster hadmites....i'll use the sevin if i see him scratchingagain!

Oh dear!!! I gave Frenchie the Ivermectin orally!It didn't hurt him at all. In fact, he's been eating more and his earsaren't hot, to the touch, anymore. Charlotte

dootsmom wrote:
Ohdear!!! I gave Frenchie the Ivermectin orally! It didn't hurt him atall. In fact, he's been eating more and his ears aren't hot, to thetouch, anymore. Charlotte

Yes :)Ivermectin is usually injected or givenorally. You can also tiny amounts topically to "problem"areas such as the ears or between the shoulders where mites areoften.

Do remember that in rare cases, rabbits can suffer a neurologicalreaction to anti-parasite medications whether injected, given orally orapplied topically.

Pam

Hi Pam, Thanks for getting back to me. I wish Icould have applied it locally but, his ears are so long that the earcanals seem to go on forever! It's difficult to see what's going ondown there! I took the fact that the base of his ears were so warm as asign of trouble. I will keep a close eye on him for any reactions.Thanks again, Charlotte

Back