Oh my goodness and it doesn't work

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pandaran

Reaction score
Hello all, I've tried to do that "vinegar to stop rabbit from pooing places they shouldn't whilst out of their cage" technique but it does not work. I even tried just having a vinegar soaked towel over the area, but I just watched her hop right over on it, sniff, then poop some more.

Seriously, any other ways to stop this? I should note that the area is under my computer desk, right where I put my feet. This isn't pleasant.

She has perfect access to her cage, which she frequently, well, frequents.

Is there any smell that cats hate? Like cats won't usually go near vinegar (obviously that's not one for rabbits), so is there a bunny-bane?

Thanks..

I use to put big things that the bunny physically can't go on in the spot where they were going, like a big box or a piece of furniture.

I would work on litter training her to the cage first since it is smaller and should be easier. What type of set up do you have in her cage? What really helped me was putting big things where they were going and then in their cage I put carpet on the bottom of their cage and then a litter box with the litter and hay. They started to go in their box and I made sure to keep the carpet clean. Put the litter box in her cage where she normally goes. Also be careful if you do use carpet that your bunny doesn't eat it. Once mine where litter trained in their cages, when I let them out they would go back in their to go to the bathroom.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

Here is a thread from the library that might help.
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12213&forum_id=17

Well she goes fine in the same spot (under which there's one of those little corner litter boxes) it's just when she's out in my room she goes wherever despite the access of her cage.

i have to calm down ,this is funny,rrrrrrrrr,rrrrr,sorry gota get it out of my system,..wow,--different approach,..a kitty liter box half full of orchard/or/timothy grass/hay,.place it where she poops,etc.,..vinegar-they say-is for cleaning the box out,but i do-not use it,..at my facility i use clorox bleach and laundry soap,and rinsed out,wiped off and reused thousands of times,cleans disinfects,deodorizes,..even consider multible,poop boxes,.may need a higher sides type plastic box ,...try this let me know,..rabbits can be trained just gotta be one up on em,...sincerely james waller

....I can't have rabbit boxes in the middle of my floor and where my feet go under my desk.

Perhaps put them there to begin with, and gradually move them to a location you prefer? I'm sorry, but my guys poop everywhere and there's very little I can do about it. They poop more right after I clean as well.

Vinegar only works to cover over a urine smell--never heard it used for "beans". You'll just have to use patience and a litter box that you can gradually move and block off the area til you get the "little" darling to use the box in a different spot.

Penny poops everywhere...pees like a jewel in her box 100% but poops....they just fall out of her wherever she is. She's turning 1 year old this week and we're still working on it. 2 litter boxes and the poops are just everywhere! Good luck!

Latest posts

Back