Oh guys I'm so upset

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Immigration andit's not exactly good news. I'm not being deported or anything, butbecause of the holidays and not being able to get all of the requiredinformation in time (bank statements, credit card statements, thenotarized letters, all of that stuff), I missed the deadline and nowhave no status in Canada. That means I have to fill out another(different) application to restore my status, and pay an additional$200!!!! :(

I was impressed that she called me the same day that I faxedeverything, but still. She felt SO bad about it, but the law is thelaw. So now everything is pushed back and me being able to go home iseven further away than it was. She did provide me with all the otherinformation I'll need once this is approved, which she assured me itwould be. I am sending everything in tomorrow, we've already paidonline and filled out everything.

GRRRRRRR

Sorry to vent, I just need to get it out. I'm pretty upset over this, near tears. I thought the end was in sight.

Oh Stephanie, I am so sorry for you. I know howmuch it meant to you, and I can't believe you have to wait all overagain. Sometimes, red tape is just the worst thing. Hopefully, it won'ttake so long to re-process everything(or whatever they do). I will bethinking of you - Jan

aww Stephanie im sooo sorry! but at least it willget done... but later.. :( but it'll get done and over with and thenyou dont have to worry about all that stress of making the deadline!sorry to hear 'bout that!

What a BUMMER!! :X

Perhaps it'll go faster than you think. I have faith that you stillcould make the Boathouse Party...or at least be able to come to it ifyou like.

Make a friend in office, and follow up each week.

I'm so sorry, Stephanie. I so want you to see your mom as soon as possible.

-Carolyn

I am so sorry. I can only imagine yourfrustration and disappointment, let alone the added burdenof$200 more dollars.

Pam

That just stinks! How frustrating for youStephanie, I am so sorry. I hate government policy (not the people,just the policy!) when it comes to things like that, they just seem tomake it so difficult. Hopefully with all the applications in theprocessing will be a lot faster this time around. Hugs to you...

Fergi's mom

It'll happen eventually. Just a major, expensiveroadblock. lol She did tell me I'd probably have no problems crossingthe border, that most of the time they don't care, but there is stillthat chance. I amnot willing to risk it. I made sure to askwhat proper procedure to follow in case of a family emergancy. Gah, ifonly they had stamped my passport back in July.

One of the reasonsI'm so upset isbecause I have twograndmothers who are not doing well health-wise and I am afraid theywon't make it so I can see them one last time. One has Alzheimer's(sp?) and the otherEmphysema....the latter is in and out thehospitalfrequenty.Before I moved I lived downstairsfrom the first and miss her greatly.

Latest posts

Back